Remember these 10 things for your wedding day!
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You have planned this day for months, maybe even years! You have planned everything from what every member of the bridal party is wearing to what you will all be eating and what your wedding favours are.
We all hope for lovely weather, and that everything runs smoothly. However, with a little bit of extra planning you can be sure that your day will be amazing even if it should pour with rain!
Here are my top ten tips for things you might like to remember for your wedding day that you might not have thought of, but might help if something like the weather isn’t as nice as you hoped.
- Bring umbrellas for the bridal party! If it should rain, and you would like outdoors photos, or even just to get you to the venue dry. It is always worth planning a nice umbrella that will look good with your outfits.
- If you would like outdoors photos in the rain, also consider buying some wellies as this will save your precious wedding shoes. Maybe you could coordinate the colour with your umbrella!
- Make sure someone in the bridal party and/or grooms party has a copy of mobile numbers for your wedding suppliers to hand. This is vital, should something unexpected happen and you need to contact them!
- Keep a small bag ready that has any top up makeup/tissues/cash just in case you need it.
- If you want a gorgeous confetti shot after your ceremony, either buy some to give out, or make sure that you ask your guests to bring some (bubbles can also work well if you have younger children at your wedding).
- Remember to take your time at all points of your wedding, not only will this help with your nerves, and keep you calmer, it will also help your photographer catch those important moments for you.
- If the day looks like it might be sunny, it is a good idea to pop on some sun screen before you put your wedding clothes on, you will likely be outside for some of the time during the day and sun screen will help you not get sun burn.
- Now for the obvious one! The rings! Make sure the person responsible for them has them tucked away safely. Thankfully this has not been a problem at any f the weddings I have photographed yet!
- Do not forget to eat and drink yourself. If you want to enjoy your day you will need to make sure you eat and drink to keep yourself going.
- Lastly, and one of the most important is to enjoy your day. It will be a whirlwind, so make sure that you enjoy as much of it as you can. If things go wrong, do not worry! Very few weddings go without a small hitch or two, but these are what make your day, your day, everything will work out (it always does). Relax, take your day as it comes knowing that you have done everything you can to make it just perfect (hitches and all).
Finally, and not on my list is breathe! Don’t forget to breathe and enjoy what will be the most special day of your life!
I hope this blog post has helped a few of you.
Please do feel free to get in contact if you would like a chat about your own wedding or to book a free wedding consultation.
Based in Bognor Regis, West Sussex, and available for wedding photography over the South Coast of England.
You can find some of my sample work and information about wedding photography here.